Tuesday, June 29, 2010

girls and horses



We started the summer off with the girls going to Rodeo Bible Camp. Our younger one and her horse had a great first camp experience. They worked hard together, had fun, and ended it all with a smile and new friends to boot!




Lauren finished off that camp as counselor and headed straight into her camp.... goat tying, of all things : ) She has a new found favorite sport!



She graduated, left for camp, and headed out for her summer internship hosting Rodeo Bible camps out West before I knew it. This will be a summer of little sleep, hard work, and few showers, but with a little sunshine, kids to love on, her Bible, and horses, she will be quite happy. I did not really feel like we got to say goodbye; well, we did but not in my normal over-sappy way. I suppose this season was busy with so many incredible things that it kept me from feeling my heart wince as one more stepped away from home, where we cherish them being. Believe me when I say that I processed it all later : ) cried a bit too!

No comments: